- A large spiral bass tuba played encircling the player’s head and resting on the shoulder.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Many free black and slave musicians who fought in the Civil War became adept at using piston-valve instruments of conical bore, including tubas, helicons, and saxophones.
- It was from the helicon that Conn in the USA devised the sousaphone for the American bandmaster John Philip Sousa.
- Keeping the faith with the Balkan brass-band traditions, he leads his boys through romps of full-bodied funkiness, cemented by blasts on the tuba-like helicon.
late 19th century: from Latin, associated with helix.
Más definiciones de heliconDefinición de helicon en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.