A large-leaved tropical American plant which bears spectacular flowers with brightly coloured bracts.
- Genus Heliconia, family Heliconiaceae (formerly Musaceae): many species, including the lobster claw
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- A lush island, Tobago is awash with colour, from the orchids, heliconia and hibiscus tumbling over garden walls to the fruit orchards and cocoa plantations of the interior.
- You can learn about the flora of the island with a visit to Tropical Gardens of Maui, where a self-guided tour leads through plantings of palm, orchids, red and yellow heliconias, ginger, and hibiscus.
- On many parts of the island, ash smothered all vegetation; the weight of the ashfall stripped limbs from trees and toppled smaller plants, such as banana and heliconia.
Definición de heliconia en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.