Definición de heliosphere en inglés:
The region of space, encompassing the solar system, in which the solar wind has a significant influence.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Voyager 1 has left the termination shock to enter the heliosphere, a region still influenced by the solar wind.
- Its measurements show that the fast wind predominates in the heliosphere, which is a huge bubble blown into interstellar space by the Sun's outpourings, and extending far beyond the outermost planets.
- The fast solar wind from the polar regions flowed uniformly to fill a large fraction of the heliosphere, and variability was confined to a narrow region around the solar equator.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- These are charged particles travelling through space that are constrained to travel along the galactic and heliospheric magnetic field lines, like on rails.
- Smith was chosen ‘for his pioneering studies of the solar and heliospheric magnetic fields in deep space and of planetary magnetic fields and their interaction with the solar wind.’
- The solar and heliospheric research communities are dedicated to promoting enhanced understanding of, and predictive capabilities for, solar disturbances that propagate to the Earth.
Definición de heliosphere en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda