- The region of space, encompassing the solar system, in which the solar wind has a significant influence.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Voyager 1 has left the termination shock to enter the heliosphere, a region still influenced by the solar wind.
- Its measurements show that the fast wind predominates in the heliosphere, which is a huge bubble blown into interstellar space by the Sun's outpourings, and extending far beyond the outermost planets.
- The fast solar wind from the polar regions flowed uniformly to fill a large fraction of the heliosphere, and variability was confined to a narrow region around the solar equator.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- These are charged particles travelling through space that are constrained to travel along the galactic and heliospheric magnetic field lines, like on rails.
- Smith was chosen ‘for his pioneering studies of the solar and heliospheric magnetic fields in deep space and of planetary magnetic fields and their interaction with the solar wind.’
- The solar and heliospheric research communities are dedicated to promoting enhanced understanding of, and predictive capabilities for, solar disturbances that propagate to the Earth.
Más definiciones de heliosphereDefinición de heliosphere en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.