1An ancient Greek.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The ancient Greeks called themselves the Hellenes.
- These people were ‘kin to the Hellenes, the Italiots, the Celts, the Germanic peoples and the Slavs'.
- I wouldn't go as far as to suggest that the Romans were nothing but a copy of the Greeks - that would be tantamount to asserting the genius of the Hellenes and imitative nature of the Romans.
1.1A native of modern Greece (chiefly in the title of the exiled royal family): the King of the Hellenes
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- They have always called themselves Hellenes and Greece is Hellas.
- By 1975, both the King and Queen of the Hellenes and the Greek Line ship Queen Anna Maria would be driven out of Greece - the monarchs by political upheaval and the Queen Anna Maria by financial troubles.
- Then there is the youngest of the three princesses, Queen Anne-Marie of the Hellenes.
From Greek Hellēn 'a Greek'. Compare with Hellen.
Palabras que riman con Hellenephilhellene
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: Hel|lene
Definición de Hellene en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda