- 1Of or like hell: an unearthly, hellish landscapeMás ejemplos en oraciones
- And just what are we looking for in this hellish landscape?
- In time, the hellish landscape of the high South lost its fearful interest for Adriana and became monotonous, a distance to be covered with a minimum of pain.
- They marched all day, passing through a hellish, wrecked landscape.
- 1.1 • informal Extremely difficult or unpleasant: it had been a hellish weekMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Events of the past fortnight suggest escaping our hellish past might prove harder than the optimists imagined.
- It arrived in the mail a few weeks later, and I opened it up only to receive a hellish, ghastly, devastating shock.
- The public likes to bemoan a difficult and wildly diva, hellish in rehearsal, magnanimous on stage, humble in the face of her art.
adverbio[as submodifier] British • informal Volver al principio
- Extremely (used for emphasis): it was hellish expensiveMás ejemplos en oraciones
- And as they will attest, once information is out there it's hellish tricky to take it back.
- It's always been done this way, it would be hellish complicated to make a change and, besides, the only people who can make the decision have a vested interest in the status quo.
- The horse is a hefty great beast at 17.1 hands and hellish strong.
- [as submodifier]: a hellishly dull holidayMás ejemplos en oraciones
- And I would bet anything that what they are counting down now is the number of days left before winter, cloud cover and hellishly difficult terrain reduce the chances of successful ground operations.
- On the contrary, it is a hellishly brutal place where despotic cruelty, casual violence, ready sex and the relentless pursuit of blood feuds are the order of the day.
- The political balance between the two tribes gives us a labyrinthine civil service, two governments and hellishly high taxes.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- What they could not have guessed when they made their historic observations of Venus was the inhospitable hellishness of the planet's landscape.
- Yesterday had the potential for hellishness, but somehow managed to turn out almost as perfect as it could have been instead.
- Her portrayal of urban poverty, including harsh glimpses of racial stratification, sufficiently suggests the hellishness of Smith's everyday world.