- 1A hard or padded protective hat, various types of which are worn by soldiers, police officers, motorcyclists, sports players, and others.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Some hard hats and helmets have a face shield attached to them.
- Combat-equipped soldiers and police wearing helmets and flak jackets are going door to door in the city to enforce a mandatory evacuation at the point of a gun.
- Baseball helmets routinely protect players who are hit in the head at speeds that are roughly similar to a slap shot.
- 3 (also helmet shell) A predatory mollusc with a squat heavy shell, which lives in tropical and temperate seas.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Family Cassidae, class Gastropoda
- Shell cameos had been popular in the sixteenth century, but it was in the nineteenth century that the art flourished, with the helmet shell and the queen conch shell judged the most suitable for cameo carving.
- One diagram of helmets shows a simple, radially symmetrical ancestral helmet at the bottom.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In the midst of this incredible natural creation, I am suddenly immersed in a blue fog of polluting fumes, surrounded by loud snarling beasts whose riders, black-suited and helmeted, all look like Darth Vader.
- To the surprise of the women, eying him warily, this hunk, looking more macho than all the others, slowed down almost to a stop, and with a little not of his full helmeted head, made a graceful sweep of his right hand.
- It also includes a photograph of two black men, one shirtless, calmly leaning against their automobile as helmeted patrol officers briskly frisk them for weapons.
late Middle English: from Old French, diminutive of helme, of Germanic origin; related to helm2.
Más definiciones de helmetDefinición de helmet en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.