Definición de hemimetabolous en inglés:
(Of an insect) having no pupal stage in the transition from larva to adult.
- The immature nymphs of hemimetabolous insects such as the grasshopper or cockroach for instance are born with adult-like morphology.
- Eye development in hemimetabolous insects such as the grasshopper Schistocerca americana is a repetitive multi-step process which starts in the embryo and extends through postembryogenesis.
- This second gene is only found in holometabolous insects, Drosophila, and silkworms but not in the more primitive hemimetabolous insects, like grasshoppers or springtails.
- Example sentences
- But there is another form - the hemimetabolic, which historically preceded the complete differentiation between caterpillar and butterfly.
- Lice are permanent hemimetabolic ectoparasites, a group found strictly on the body of the host, and they are transferred almost exclusively by bodily contact between hosts during care of young and at copulation.
Definición de hemimetabolous en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan