(Of an insect) having no pupal stage in the transition from larva to adult.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The immature nymphs of hemimetabolous insects such as the grasshopper or cockroach for instance are born with adult-like morphology.
- Eye development in hemimetabolous insects such as the grasshopper Schistocerca americana is a repetitive multi-step process which starts in the embryo and extends through postembryogenesis.
- This second gene is only found in holometabolous insects, Drosophila, and silkworms but not in the more primitive hemimetabolous insects, like grasshoppers or springtails.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- But there is another form - the hemimetabolic, which historically preceded the complete differentiation between caterpillar and butterfly.
- Lice are permanent hemimetabolic ectoparasites, a group found strictly on the body of the host, and they are transferred almost exclusively by bodily contact between hosts during care of young and at copulation.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: hemi|metabol¦ous
Definición de hemimetabolous en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda