sustantivo[mass noun] Medicine
Paralysis of one side of the body.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Preventing recurrent falls in patients with nonmodifiable risks such as hemiplegia or joint deformities can be more challenging.
- Seven years earlier, he had been hospitalized because of the sudden onset of right hemiplegia and aphasia.
- About three years ago, she suffered a stroke that resulted in complete left-sided hemiplegia.
early 17th century: modern Latin, from Greek hēmiplēgia, from hemi- 'half' + plēgē 'stroke'.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Because the incidence of cerebral infarction is high in children with hemiplegic cerebral palsy, diagnostic testing for coagulation disorders should be considered.
- The organisation specialises in limbs for cerebral palsy-affected children and also for paraplegic and hemiplegic patients.
- This presentation, with paranoid delusions, hallucinations and anxiety, has been described in families with hemiplegic migraine.
Definición de hemiplegia en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.