Definición de henbane en inglés:
1A poisonous Eurasian plant of the nightshade family, with sticky hairy leaves and an unpleasant smell.
- Hyoscyamus niger, family Solanaceae
- All that in a happier field and a purer air would expand into virtue and germinate into usefulness, is thus converted into henbane and deadly nightshade.
- Recipes of love stimulants frequently contained such plants, especially henbane, mandrake, and in later times thorn apple.
- He also identified certain plants with pharmacological action such as mandragora or nightshade, opium and henbane and gave various recipes for inducing both anesthesia and analgesia before surgery.
Definición de henbane en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan