A line of verse containing eleven syllables.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- His hendecasyllables are both a tribute to Catullus and an interpretation of one aspect of his poetry.
- If I had tried to keep up the hendecasyllable meter I probably would have gone insane.
- He accepted the dodecasyllable and hendecasyllable verse forms from the very beginning, and basically never abandoned them.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- His sixty-four lines of rhyming hendecasyllabic couplets are juxtaposed with a considerably briefer fifty-three lines of English free verse.
- The classical hendecasyllabic meter chosen for this lyric melodiously prompts us to seek ancient mythic analogues.
- The most outstanding of the Catalan translators was Josep Maria de Sagarra, who, starting in the 1940s, translated 27 plays into Catalan hendecasyllabic lines.
Definición de hendecasyllable en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.