- 1A fibre resembling sisal, which is chiefly used for binder twine and paper pulp.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Most in this area produced henequen, an agave fibre that we know under the name ‘sisal’ and which the Mexicans nicknamed ‘green gold’.
- Baskets, mats, and hammocks are woven from plant fibers such as henequen.
- He is the author of ‘The Green Republic: A Conservation History of Costa Rica,’ and is completing a manuscript on the history and ecology of the Yucatan henequen industry.
- 2A Central American agave from which henequen is obtained.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Agave fourcroydes, family Agavaceae
- Potential sources being tested include soy, hemp, ramie, kenaf stems, pineapple and henequen leaves, and banana stems.
- They labored on vast tobacco, sugarcane, and henequen plantations, in virtual slavery enforced by their continuing debt to the landowners.
early 17th century: from Spanish jeniquen, from a local word.
Más definiciones de henequenDefinición de henequen en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.