Definición de heptathlon en inglés:
An athletic event, in particular one for women, in which each competitor takes part in the same prescribed seven events (100 metres hurdles, high jump, shot-put, 200 metres, long jump, javelin, and 800 metres).
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Last year, she had two no-jumps in the long jump during the heptathlon at the World Athletics Championships.
- Synchronized swimming was held for the first time; other Olympic debuts were women's 400 meters hurdles and the heptathlon, replacing the pentathlon.
- ‘It's very rare in the heptathlon for an athlete to produce seven great events,’ she said.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- It could be that Shannan will become a pentathlete or a heptathlete, but she may decide to specialise in the sprints or on middle-distance.
- Originally a heptathlete, Dragila tried pole vaulting for the first time at age 23.
- Her twin sister Lindsay, a former heptathlete at Brown University, now competes in pole vault and finished eighth at 2004 Trials.
Palabras que riman con heptathlonbiathlon, pentathlon, tetrathlon, triathlon
Definición de heptathlon en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda