Definición de hereditarian en inglés:
Relating to the theory that heredity is the primary influence on human behaviour, intelligence, or other characteristics.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- In fact, one could easily make the opposite case of Pinker: that those who have stressed human nature in the form of hereditarian theories, have been responsible for numerous and documented forms of oppression and tyranny.
- Nevertheless, eighteenth-century writers did not conceptualize human diversity in rigidly hereditarian or strictly physical terms.
- Frustrated by the growing numbers of chronic patients in psychiatric hospitals and influenced by evolutionary theory, many psychiatrists turned to hereditarian explanations.
sustantivoVolver al principio
An advocate of a hereditarian view.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Unfortunately, that fact does not deter certain influential hereditarians from assailing ‘dumb people.’
- Chris Brand says that he first became an hereditarian when he worked as a prison psychologist and noted that criminals all blamed their criminality on their families - even though other members of the family were generally not criminal.
- As the chapter's initial subheading states, both the hereditarians and the environmentalists are triumphant.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- He demonstrated that hereditarianism and environmentalism were not different and opposed traditions in the minds of many Australian social reformers.
- In the 1940s, hereditarianism and behaviourism were not independent of each other, but instead fed off each other.
- Hence, complete hereditarianism about within-group differences is logically compatible with complete environmentalism about between-group differences.
Definición de hereditarian en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en India
Muy popular en Pakistán