- A crab with a soft asymmetrical abdomen, which lives in a cast-off mollusc shell for protection. In several kinds the shell becomes covered with sponges, sea anemones, or bryozoans.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Superfamily Paguroidea
- The fossil trackway undoubtedly was produced by a terrestrial hermit crab, like those that are common in beach and dune environments in the Bahamas today.
- Track size varies depending on the size of the terrestrial hermit crab making the trace.
- And just as a mollusk shell once vacated may be taken over by a hermit crab, the external forms of our lives will be filled by others after we are gone.
Más definiciones de hermit crabDefinición de hermit crab en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.