Definición de hernia en inglés:
sustantivo (plural hernias or herniae /-nɪiː/)
A condition in which part of an organ is displaced and protrudes through the wall of the cavity containing it (often involving the intestine at a weak point in the abdominal wall): [with modifier]: umbilical hernia [as modifier]: a hernia operation
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The pain can also result from structural conditions, such as localized endometriosis or rectus sheath hematoma, or from incisional or other abdominal wall hernias.
- Umbilical hernias, omphaloceles, and gastroschisis usually are apparent on gross inspection.
- Laparoscopic procedures result in fewer wound complications and incision hernias than traditional abdominal surgery.
late Middle English: from Latin.
- Example sentences
- Prior to this Claudius Amyand, physician to Queen Anne, in 1736 successfully removed an acutely inflamed appendix from inside the hernial sac of a young boy.
- The hernial sac may additionally provide a sump of gastric contents available for reflux once the lower oesophageal sphincter relaxes.
- Laparoscopy enables hernial orifices to be observed and tension-free mesh repair to be carried out effectively.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan