- (In verse) a pair of rhyming iambic pentameters, much used by Chaucer and the poets of the 17th and 18th centuries such as Alexander Pope.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Maybe programs don't teach scansion of metered verse any more, but how could someone get to be a graduate student in English without picking up, somewhere along the way, the ability to tell a couple of heroic couplets from a ballad stanza?
- The poem is significant, as well as for the charm of its prologue, for the fact that it is the first attested use of the heroic couplet in Chaucer (and, as far as is known, in English poetry).
- Pale Fire consists of a 999-line poem in heroic couplets followed by a 200-page Commentary with Index.
Más definiciones de heroic coupletDefinición de heroic couplet en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.