Definición de heteroclite en inglés:
Abnormal or irregular: the book suffers from the heteroclite and ill-fitting nature of its various elements
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In America on the other hand, immigrant publics, with weakened connexions to heteroclite pasts, could only be aggregated by narrative and visual schemas stripped to their most abstract, recursive common denominators.
- His objection to Aristotle's Nicomachean Ethics lies in its lack of uniform argument or quality: ‘It is heteroclite, a hodge-podge of astute comment and utter bosh’.
- Lefebvre's Marxism was heteroclite, and was heavily informed via his engagement with other thinkers.
sustantivoVolver al principio
1An abnormal thing or person.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The most monomaniacal and extreme of Berlin Dadaists, Johannes Baader is to Dada what Byron is to Romanticism, ultimately inassimilable and heteroclitic among heteroclites.
- The ` moderns’ includes Gerrit Rietveld and Alvar Aalto and the ` heteroclites’ (a term used to describe those designers mixing styles from a number of sources such as surrealism and popular culture) features Gio Ponti and Isamu Noguchi.
1.1An irregularly declined word, especially a Greek or Latin noun.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Lily had intended to supply a text on heteroclites, and Robertson did so; but no text is here mentioned.
- There is not space here to catalogue the various irregularities, heteroclites, metaplastic forms, etc., of Attic Greek, but the lists given in Kuehner-Blass, or any other of the more elaborate Greek grammars, are enough to convince the most skeptical.
- heteroclitic adjetivo
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- One strategy to improve the immune reaction is to make what are called heteroclitic antigen variants.
- This server provides a computerised approach to the design of heteroclitic peptides, using the additive method to calculate affinities.
- INNO - 305 also utilizes heteroclitic technology in which the wild-type WT1 sequences are altered to improve the immunotherapeutic's ability to activate T-cells.
Late 15th century: via late Latin from Greek heteroklitos, from heteros 'other' + -klitos 'inflected' (from klinein 'to lean, inflect').
Definición de heteroclite en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda