2 Botany A state in which the flowers of a plant are of two or more types. Compare with homogamy (sense 2).
2.1 another term for anisogamy.
3Marriage between people from different sociological or educational backgrounds. Compare with homogamy (sense 1).
Oraciones de ejemplo
- An examination of the relative social positions of spouses shows that heterogamy, the marriage of people from different social backgrounds, was not characteristic after World War II either.
- However, it definitely does not support the hypothesis of decreasing barriers to inter-class heterogamy over time.
- The three barriers to heterogamy are described by inheritance, sectoral, and hierarchy parameters.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The most heterogamous were the sons of skilled workers and unskilled workers.
- Based on the presence or absence of fertile stamens and fertile pistils, the heads can be further classified into heterogamous and homogamous capitula.
- The practical upshot in your case is that your children will be much more likely to be heterogamous themselves.
Palabras que riman con heterogamyendogamy, exogamy, homogamy, misogamy, monogamy
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: heter|og¦amy
Definición de heterogamy en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda