2.1 another term for anisogamy.
3Marriage between people from different sociological or educational backgrounds. Compare with homogamy (sense 1).
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- An examination of the relative social positions of spouses shows that heterogamy, the marriage of people from different social backgrounds, was not characteristic after World War II either.
- However, it definitely does not support the hypothesis of decreasing barriers to inter-class heterogamy over time.
- The three barriers to heterogamy are described by inheritance, sectoral, and hierarchy parameters.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The most heterogamous were the sons of skilled workers and unskilled workers.
- Based on the presence or absence of fertile stamens and fertile pistils, the heads can be further classified into heterogamous and homogamous capitula.
- The practical upshot in your case is that your children will be much more likely to be heterogamous themselves.
Definición de heterogamy en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.