sustantivo[mass noun] Botany
- The condition (e.g. in primroses) of having styles of different lengths relative to the stamens in the flowers of different individual plants, to reduce self-fertilization.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Flowering plants have several mechanisms that have evolved to prevent self-fertilization, e.g. self-incompatibility systems, heterostyly and dichogamy.
- Although gender specialization is not a regular feature of heterostyly, reproductive differences between morphs has been reported for most studied distylous species.
- Darwin's correlation between the phenotype and the cross-compatibility of the two forms of flower provided the foundation for subsequent analyses of heterostyly in Primula.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Field observations confirmed that the species is heterostylous with the pistil and anthers exhibiting reciprocal heights in the two morphs, although pollen size and sculpturing do not vary.
- Pentanisia appears to exhibit dimorphisms typically associated with heterostylous plants.
- Both F. jinshaense and F. gilesii are self-incompatible with heterostylous flowers and are diploid.
Más definiciones de heterostylyDefinición de heterostyly en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.