- Hedgehogs are active only at night, and some species hibernate in the winter.
- Dwarf lemurs store up fat in their tails and then draw on it while hibernating; in contrast, no monkey or ape hibernates.
- In consequence many species hibernate during the winter, emerging only when the signs of spring promise plenty of food, telling them it is time to eat and breed again.
- Its winter, its cold, people are hibernating already.
- So we mostly hibernated away with our ever growing dvd collection, except for new year's when we ventured out in the pouring rain to the That Amazing Thing party in a nice old pub tucked away off Chapel Street.
- I need a cold, dark room where I can hibernate for the next four months in my coat, scarf and thick black tights and sip cups of hot soup.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- They are obligate hibernators, emerging above ground from 7-8 months of hibernation in early to mid-April, with males appearing about 1-2 weeks before females.
- Diet selection based on fatty-acid composition has been demonstrated in mammalian hibernators, which tend to prefer foods rich in polyunsaturated fatty acids.
- All 14 species of marmots are true hibernators.
Early 19th century (earlier (mid 17th century) as hibernation): from Latin hibernare, from hiberna 'winter quarters', from hibernus 'wintry'.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: hi¦ber|nate
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.