- 1Midday: the glaring light of high noonMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Jack woke up to the light of high noon streaming into the cave.
- By high noon, her skin was gray, her lips parched, and her head throbbing.
- Think of the bird chatter at sunrise, of the stillness at high noon.
- 2An event or confrontation which is likely to decide the final outcome of a situation: the high noon of the peace process[popularized by the film High Noon (1952)]Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Is it finally high noon for one of Turkey's most powerful business dynasties?
- The high noon of the Raj in the nineteenth century has been well documented but it is of more than passing interest to see how little some things have changed in the past half century.
- Yesterday really was a high noon for the Lanarkshire club.
Más definiciones de high noonDefinición de high noon en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.