Definición de high-octane en inglés:
1Denoting petrol having a high octane number and thus good anti-knock properties.
- A petrol tank containing high-octane fuel is beside your seat.
- The AA says if you do that to a vehicle designed to run on high-octane petrol, the engine ‘would seize’.
- That is why high-performance cars generally need high-octane gasoline - their engines are using higher compression ratios to get more power.
1.1Powerful or dynamic: a high-octane forty-year-old
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- One of the main challenges of filming, he says, lay in translating the passion and the high-octane energy of the sport to the screen.
- The fund toned down its aggressive, high-octane formula.
- How can this be reconciled with the market-driven, high-octane, modernising spirit of the new millennium?
Definición de high-octane en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan