- A condition of the atmosphere in which the pressure is above average (e.g. in an anticyclone).Más ejemplos en oraciones
- As a result, regions to the east of a high-pressure center often have northerly winds bringing in relatively cold air while regions to the west have southerly winds bringing in relatively warm air.
- The rotating air mass creates a high-pressure system throughout the region.
- Following the snow that had been falling, a high-pressure front moved into the area from the Atlantic on December the 18th.
adjetivoVolver al principio
- 1Using or containing a gas or liquid subject to great pressure: high-pressure water jetsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Volkswagen uses unit injectors, in which a pump is attached to each injector, resulting in higher pressures.
- Food will stay fresh for longer without losing its taste, thanks to high-pressure sterilisation.
- Shooters can fill the compressed air tank from either a standard scuba tank or from a high-pressure hand pump.
- 2Involving a high degree of persuasion: high-pressure sales techniquesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Boiler room operators are very experienced in high-pressure selling techniques.
- Thanks to high-pressure selling, seven out of ten loans are sold with PPI, which is hugely overpriced.
- Against this backdrop, Cincinnati voters distinguished themselves by keeping their cool in the face of a high-pressure campaign to sell the road.
- 2.1Involving a great deal of anxiety or stress: a high-pressure jobMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Mr. Corzine is hardly a stranger to high-pressure situations.
- Human beings have a built-in response system to high-pressure situations.
- Have undergone aviation style tests to ensure they won't explode under high pressure.
Más definiciones de high pressureDefinición de high pressure en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.