- 1(Of a building) having many storeys: a high-rise block of flatsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- We hopped into my car, and she directed me downtown to the Belvedere, an old high-rise office building that had been converted into cheap apartments.
- Instead of cosy, low-rent substitute houses in old neighbourhoods, there were high-rise apartment buildings.
- In contrast to the rest of the country, hotels, offices, villas and high-rise apartment buildings are going up at a frenzied pace.
- 1.1Taller or set higher than normal: high-rise handlebarsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- This aluminum city slicker has eight speeds, and a shorter stem and high-rise handlebars to ensure a comfortable, upright position.
- Generally, high-rise pants suit taller men, while low-rise trousers are more flattering for shorter men.
sustantivoVolver al principio
- A building with many storeys: a twelve-floor high-riseMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The wide view outside displays Shanghai's historical buildings and modern high-rises.
- The understated, brick exterior now stands out amongst the bland residential high-rises that have sprouted in the River North area in recent years.
- Luxury high-rises are especially prone to noise problems.
Más definiciones de high-riseDefinición de high-rise en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.