Definición de high roller en inglés:
sustantivoinformal , chiefly North American
A person who gambles or spends large sums of money: corporate jets still ferry in high rollers to the tables of Caesar’s Palace
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- State regulators on July 10 approved the MGM Grand Hotel Casino's application for Nevada's first private gambling salon for high rollers.
- Think casino gambling and you think high rollers playing high-stakes games, dropping thousands of dollars a night.
- Named after the Tipperary stud farm they own, it refers to a group of immensely rich Irish high rollers who are gamblers by nature, trade and inclination.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- He's even had a role in a big movie, playing a high-rolling Japanese gambler alongside Robert De Niro in the Las Vegas mob movie Casino.
- The company intends to construct an upmarket hotel and entertainment complex that would attract high-rolling gambling tourists from Taiwan and mainland China.
- Even when gambling became above board in the eyes of the law, it was still frowned upon as either the pastime of high-rolling decadent playboys or the ruin of feckless working-class punters.
With reference to rolling dice.
Definición de high roller en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda