Definición de highbinder en inglés:
1An unscrupulous person, especially a corrupt politician.
- But what is important is printing some news about these political highbinders and about the big-time thieves.
- When their rule became so corrupt that at last a grand jury indicted them and they were placed on trial, and Francis J. Heney was selected to assist in their prosecution, this gang of plutocrats, autocrats and highbinders hired an assassin to shoot Heney down in the courtroom
1.1An assassin, especially one belonging to a Chinese-American criminal organization.
- The terms secret societies and tongs are often used synonymously, but highbinders (aka hatchet men) refers to certain members of the tongs.
- On the night of February 13, 1922, Hum Mon Sen was shot in front of his herb shop in China Alley by a highbinder who witnesses said wore a beaver cowboy hat.
- We are not aware of the presence of highbinders among the Chinese population.
early 19th century: first recorded as Highbinders, the name of a New York gang.
Definición de highbinder en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan