- 1An outstanding part of an event or period of time: he views that season as the highlight of his careerMás ejemplos en oraciones
high point, high spot, best part, climax, culmination, peak, pinnacle, height, top, acme, zenith, apex, summit, apogee, apotheosis, crowning moment, high water mark, most memorable part, most outstanding feature; Latin ne plus ultrafocal point, focus, focus of attention, centre of interest, most interesting part, cynosure
- This event is the highlight of the Christmas season at the centre.
- Reaching the quarter-finals of the Monte Carlo Tennis Masters Series event has been the highlight of his season, so far.
- But the highlight of the event for the lucky youngsters allowed to stay up will be the fireworks display in the town park at 11 pm on Friday night.
- 1.1 (highlights) The best parts of a sporting or other event edited for broadcasting or recording: Gary Lineker presents the highlights of today’s semi-finalMás ejemplos en oraciones
- On World Aids Day itself partner stations in the US will broadcast edited highlights of the Nelson Mandela Foundation Concert in Cape Town.
- Television highlights will also be broadcast on BBC FOUR.
- BBC Sport has confirmed its schedule to broadcast highlights of the Guinness Premiership and the Powergen Cup.
- 2A bright or reflective area in a painting, picture, or design.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- This forms a striking demonstration of that paradox of oil painting whereby the thickest impasto captures the most fleeting highlights.
- The highlights on objects in Vermeer's interiors are unlikely to be solar reflections, since it seems probable he would have been painting by north light and they are thus likely to be images of the windows.
- All are placed in a monochrome field of light or dark and correspondingly given shadows or bright highlights to emphasize contrasts between figure and ground.
- 2.1 (usually highlights) A bright tint in the hair, especially one created artificially by bleaching or dyeing.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Facials, manicures, body massage, electrolysis, not to mention haircuts, highlights and perms are all on offer at a fraction of the price you'd pay at a high street salon.
- Whether you like a vibrant punch of color like Kelly's or you prefer soft highlights, color-treated hair needs more moisture.
- She had long, light brown hair with bright reddish-blond highlights.
verbo (highlights, highlighting, highlighted)[with object] Volver al principio
- 1Draw special attention to: the issues highlighted by the reportMás ejemplos en oraciones
call attention to, focus attention on, focus on, spotlight, foreground, underline, underscore, feature, point up, play up, show up, bring out, accentuate, accent, give prominence to, bring to the fore, zero in on, bring home to one, stress, emphasize, place emphasis on, give emphasis to
- On September 22, I participated in a conference in Brussels highlighting the issue of asbestos.
- We want to focus attention on our campaign and highlight the issues which we see as very important.
- Finally, in the concluding chapter, he highlights theoretical issues that deserve more attention in future research.
- 1.1Make visually prominent: a vast backdrop with the colourful logo highlighted with lasersMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Earlier, the new scooter was launched with a spectacular laser show which highlighted the features of the vehicle.
- The outdoor stage was lit by the luminescence of the lasers highlighting the magnificent Three Kingdoms Pagodas.
- As the bunker was highlighted by the laser targeting system, Brock took a deep breath and squeezed the trigger.
- 1.2Mark with a highlighter: a photocopy with sections highlighted in greenMás ejemplos en oraciones
- I was highlighting sections as I went along and thought I might as well post the bits that I found worthy of the highlighter.
- Throughout the day's testimony he moved about in his seat, at times shaking his head in disagreement or using neon pink and green markers to highlight the notes he had made.
- Pulling a beanie over her ears, she began to highlight sections of her book, looking for information that could help with her project.
- 2Create highlights in (hair): I’ve had my hair highlighted regularly for the last ten yearsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- If you highlight your hair, consider asking your colorist to include or enhance touches of gold (warm blondes) that blend with your hair and skin.
- Supposedly she'd been sick, but she'd also found the time to highlight her hair.
- His blond hair was highlighted yet I noticed a little grey had crept in.