Definición de hikikomori en inglés:
sustantivo (plural igual)[mass noun]
1(In Japan) the abnormal avoidance of social contact, typically by adolescent males.
- Western psychologists compare hikikomori with social anxiety and agoraphobia, a fear of open places.
- A syndrome known as hikikomori, in which the outside world is shunned, is wreaking havoc on young people in Japan, a country known for its communal values.
- The decision is difficult, given that he the hikikomori is a profoundly circular and fantastic concept.
1.1 [count noun] A person who avoids social contact.
- A 17-year-old hikikomori sufferer killed a passenger after leaving his self-imposed exile and hijacking a bus.
- Recounting his own experience, he said: "It's difficult to say when my son first began to be a hikikomori.
- While most hikikomori sufferers are merely anti-social, the condition has led to a number of violent crimes.
Japanese, literally 'staying indoors, (social) withdrawal'.
Definición de hikikomori en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan