Definición de hilt en inglés:
The handle of a weapon or tool, especially a sword, dagger, or knife.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Quad's hands gripped sword hilts, cueing Mack to bring his rifle to a firing position.
- Lodge put his sunglasses on and stood up, his hand gripped around the hilt of his weapon.
- Veon frowned but said nothing, his hand gripping the hilt of his sword tightly.
- 1(up) to the hilt
- Completely: the estate was mortgaged up to the hiltMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Mortgaged up to the hilt, the builder has not declared any intention to bid for the company.
- Once again, Middle Britain is mortgaged to the hilt, spurred by the lowest interest rates in 38 years.
- He has mortgaged his country to the hilt for military equipment.
- 1hilted adjetivo
- [in combination]: a cross-hilted sword
Old English hilt, hilte, of Germanic origin.
Palabras que riman con hiltatilt, built, gilt, guilt, jilt, kilt, lilt, quilt, silt, spilt, stilt, tilt, upbuilt, wilt
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda