Definición de hilt en inglés:
The handle of a weapon or tool, especially a sword, dagger, or knife.
- Quad's hands gripped sword hilts, cueing Mack to bring his rifle to a firing position.
- Lodge put his sunglasses on and stood up, his hand gripped around the hilt of his weapon.
- Veon frowned but said nothing, his hand gripping the hilt of his sword tightly.
Old English hilt, hilte, of Germanic origin.
(up) to the hilt
- Completely: the estate was mortgaged up to the hiltMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Mortgaged up to the hilt, the builder has not declared any intention to bid for the company.
- Once again, Middle Britain is mortgaged to the hilt, spurred by the lowest interest rates in 38 years.
- He has mortgaged his country to the hilt for military equipment.
- [in combination]: a cross-hilted sword