sustantivo (plural hila /-lə/)Botany
- 1The scar on a seed marking the point of attachment to its seed vessel.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- A hilar groove is located at the centre of the seed hilum area, and consists of more elongated macrosclereids.
- Additional indicators are harvesting seed with bleeding hila and having green stem at harvest.
- The ‘black eye’ of the common variety is the hilum, or attachment point of the pea to the pod.
- 1.2 Anatomy another term for hilus.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The anterior apical and tumor was palpable within the hilum and appeared to be centered in the hilum of the left lung.
- The median sternotomy is used to gain access to the anterior mediastinum, heart, great vessels, hila and pleural spaces.
- These arterioles frequently showed continuity at the glomerular hilum with segmental necrotizing glomerular lesions.
mid 17th century (in the Latin sense): from Latin, literally 'little thing, trifle', once thought to mean 'that which sticks to a bean', hence the current sense (mid 18th century).
Más definiciones de hilumDefinición de hilum en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.