- (Especially of a bodily part) situated at the back; posterior: a hind legMás ejemplos en oraciones
- This was associated with infection by a flatworm or fluke infection called Ribeiroia, which formed cysts near the hind legs.
- The same held true when they injected the drug into multiple ganglia that connect to the tail and hind legs.
- Herodotus rejoins that camels have four thighbones in their hind legs, and that their genitals face backwards.
on one's hind legs
- see leg.
Middle English: perhaps shortened from Old English behindan (see behind).
- A female deer, especially a red deer or sika in and after the third year.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Our second visit was a success and as we got closer to the farm we saw a group of hinds and deer gracing peacefully in the fields near the farm.
- Highland landowners have predicted ‘genocide’ if close seasons, which vary for stags and hinds, are ended.
- It said the harbourer could recognise stags but not hinds.
Old English, of Germanic origin; related to Dutch hinde and German Hinde, from an Indo-European root meaning 'hornless', shared by Greek kemas 'young deer'.