Definición de hit-out en inglés:
1 Australian Rules An instance of hitting the ball towards a teammate after it has been bounced by the umpire or at a boundary throw-in.
- His first two hit-outs have certainly put him up there with the best in the world, and he'll be looking to kick on.
- ‘This is an important hit-out for the boys,’ said coach Brian Noble.
- It's a hit-out, and that's what we need at this stage.
2Australian informal A brisk run.
- Eastern Suburbs coach Tim Jones was pleased for his side to get a hit-out on the venue for the upcoming finals series.
- The competitive work was exactly that - no-one gave an inch and it was a great hit-out with our first game just four days away.
- Our major training session is tomorrow - we will have a good hour hit-out and then head off to Perth straight after.