Definición de hitch-hike en inglés:
Travel by getting free lifts in passing vehicles: we hitch-hiked up to Scotland
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- ‘As I was not in the habit of borrowing money, I took to hitch-hiking to travel through Europe,’ he says.
- We lived in squats and abandoned buildings, didn't really go to school, travelled, hitch-hiked.
- I travelled by foot, by hitch-hiking and by clambering onto the wagons of freight trains.
sustantivoVolver al principio
A journey made by hitch-hiking.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Instead of girls playing hockey we have girls smoking fags; instead of midnight feasts we have midnight hitch-hikes to the local pub.
- There were other breaks too, the random hitch-hike through France to northern Spain, the holidays in Greece.
- Miss Bond's friend took part in the hitch-hike last year and is a representative of the charity this year.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Celebrity hitch-hikers apart, the custom of seeking or giving a ‘lift’ has been slow in catching on in the city.
- Locals looked on in surprise as hitch-hikers, cyclists, bikers, cars, vans and minibuses filled up the village square.
- However the most eagle-eyed will notice that Bertha has now welcomed on board some eager hitch-hikers.
Definición de hitch-hike en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda