Definición de hoary marmot en inglés:
A large stocky greyish-brown marmot with a whistling call, found in the mountains of north-western North America.
- Marmota caligata, family Sciuridae
- The hoary marmot, so called because of the mantle of white fur which covers his shoulders and back, is well known to hikers in the western mountains of North America.
- Presumably it (the only species of mammal unique to the island) arose from hoary marmots of the mainland that reached what is now Vancouver Island during the second last glaciation.
- The shrill whistle of the hoary marmot is a familiar sound to Alaskans, especially to hikers with dogs.
Definición de hoary marmot en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan