- A kind of smooth, hard-wearing linen fabric, used chiefly for window blinds and furniture covering: [as modifier]: holland blinds [as modifier]: his brown holland suitMás ejemplos en oraciones
- This slenderness is further emphasised by the customised, fine mild steel rod attachments supporting the holland blinds.
- Someone was living in the three servant's rooms adjoining the kitchen but the rest of the house lay musty under faded holland covers.
- The classic simplicity of holland blinds have been a family favourite in Australian homes for many years.
Middle English: from Holland, the name of a former province of the Netherlands where the cloth was made, from Dutch, earlier Holtlant (from holt 'wood' + -lant 'land').
Más definiciones de HollandDefinición de holland en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.