- 1Destruction or slaughter on a mass scale, especially caused by fire or nuclear war: a nuclear holocaustMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The Cold War bred a generation obsessed with fear and concern about imminent nuclear holocaust.
- When this song was written, people till saw the threat of nuclear holocaust as a very real thing and the lyrics describe the moment that the first bomb goes off.
- Why should they, on top of everything else they go through, have to suffer the terror of anticipating a nuclear holocaust?
- 2 • historical A Jewish sacrificial offering which was burnt completely on an altar.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In open sacrifice, the smoke of their holocaust at the temple is sent aloft with an unspoken prayer to the old gods.
Middle English: from Old French holocauste, via late Latin from Greek holokauston, from holos 'whole' + kaustos 'burnt' (from kaiein 'burn').