sustantivoBritish • informal
- Holidays: he’s away on his holsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- That's it then, my first proper day back from the hols and despite having the best part of a month to chill out it's taken approximately 12 hours to push the stress levels back to where they were way back then.
- IT'S the time of year to begin thinking about the long summer holidays and what better way to spend the hols than at the summer camps which will take place, throughout the county, during the month of July.
- Later, when I was a teenager, I'd tag along with some English schoolfriends going on summer hols with their families to the Lake District, or Wales, or even as far afield as the Dordogne.
early 20th century: abbreviation.
Más definiciones de holsDefinición de hols en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.