Definición de holy city en inglés:
1A city held sacred by the adherents of a religion.
- The gospels record two occasions when Jesus wept: at the tomb of Lazarus and when he saw the holy city Jerusalem.
- Pressed to name the world's most visited holy cities, one might think of Mecca or Jerusalem.
- However, Salt Lake City is a holy city for Mormons, and the Black Hills of South Dakota and other places are sacred native American sites.
1.1 (the Holy City) Jerusalem.
1.2 (the Holy City) (In Christian tradition) Heaven.
- We are further emboldened in our outreach by John's vision of the Holy City of God.
- As Christ descends he raises all the righteous dead, and with the living saints they ascend to the Holy City in heaven.
- Around Zion, the Holy City where God our Father sits on the throne, is an area called paradise.
Definición de holy city en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan