Definición de holy orders en inglés:
The sacrament or rite of ordination as a member of the clergy, especially in the grades of bishop, priest, or deacon.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Much more can and needs to be said about ‘living the covenant’ and about the consequent understandings of ministry and of holy orders.
- The discussion concerns postulants and candidates for holy orders, more particularly those who aspire to ordained ministry as vocational or permanent deacons.
- As I explored all this, I realized that it really was a call to the holy orders, a very clear call.
in holy orders
- Having the status of an ordained member of the clergy: his friend in holy ordersMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The Church in England has already relaxed its celibacy rules by allowing married Anglican priests to convert and remain in holy orders.
- But the laity should understand that doctrinal teaching, pastoral governance, and liturgical leadership are tasks ordinarily reserved to persons in holy orders, especially the pope and bishops.
- For the first six centuries of its existence, Cambridge, like Oxford, was a seminary, and until 1871 fellows were required to be celibates in holy orders.
take holy orders
- Become an ordained member of the clergy: his first ambition was to take holy ordersMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Then he took holy orders, and in no time was a bishop in Wales.
- He was educated in Yorkshire and at Cambridge, before taking holy orders: his grandfather was Archbishop of York.
- While at university, I considered taking holy orders and joining a convent
Definición de holy orders en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Canadá
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en Pakistán