Definición de holy orders en inglés:
The sacrament or rite of ordination as a member of the clergy, especially in the grades of bishop, priest, or deacon.
- Much more can and needs to be said about ‘living the covenant’ and about the consequent understandings of ministry and of holy orders.
- The discussion concerns postulants and candidates for holy orders, more particularly those who aspire to ordained ministry as vocational or permanent deacons.
- As I explored all this, I realized that it really was a call to the holy orders, a very clear call.
in holy orders
- Having the status of an ordained member of the clergy: his friend in holy ordersMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The Church in England has already relaxed its celibacy rules by allowing married Anglican priests to convert and remain in holy orders.
- But the laity should understand that doctrinal teaching, pastoral governance, and liturgical leadership are tasks ordinarily reserved to persons in holy orders, especially the pope and bishops.
- For the first six centuries of its existence, Cambridge, like Oxford, was a seminary, and until 1871 fellows were required to be celibates in holy orders.
take holy orders
- Become an ordained member of the clergy: his first ambition was to take holy ordersMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Then he took holy orders, and in no time was a bishop in Wales.
- He was educated in Yorkshire and at Cambridge, before taking holy orders: his grandfather was Archbishop of York.
- While at university, I considered taking holy orders and joining a convent
Definición de holy orders en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan