- 1Simple and unsophisticated: homespun philosophyMás ejemplos en oraciones
- She is conscious that her simple, homespun style left her open to misinterpretation.
- But she said he would benefit most from a piece of simple homespun advice.
- Already famous as the inventor of the lightning conductor, his homespun philosophizing and simple style charmed the world of the Court and the intellectual salons alike.
- 2(Of cloth or yarn) made or spun at home.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Both male and female folk costumes made of homespun cloth and sheepskin were multi-colored and featured intricate embroidery.
- In the past, clothing was most often rough homespun cloth made from their own cotton, but today manufactured fabric or store-bought clothes are increasingly common.
- The early immigrants were usually clothed in homespun cloth and caps.
- 2.1Denoting a coarse handwoven fabric similar to tweed.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Silently, Myra helped me slip the red dress off, and I quickly dressed myself in the thick homespun trousers and woolen shirt.
- Women wear long, homespun skirts and sweaters.
- He was barely adolescent and wore rough, homespun clothes and a round, hard top hat exactly the same as Adam had sported as a boy.
sustantivo[mass noun] Volver al principio
- Homespun cloth: clad in homespunMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Gloria Sáez's attractive costumes for the solo singers were designed to flatter the figure, with flowing velvet for the nobility and homespun for the commoners.
- The cloths she made for her family always looked of finer quality then normal homespun, and wore even longer.
- On embarking for the court, Joan traded her red gown of peasant homespun for elite male garb.