- A primate of a group that includes humans, their fossil ancestors, and the great apes.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Superfamily Hominoidea: families Hominidae and Pongidae
- A first look at the jaw shows that it's different from all other fossil hominoids and more similar to large, existing apes.
- The fossil record is replete with evidence supporting a plant-eating, basically frugivorous way of life for ancestral anthropoids, particularly hominoids.
- All extant hominoids with the exception of highland gorillas are strongly frugivorous.
adjetivoVolver al principio
- Relating to hominoid primates; hominid or pongid.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- At present, there seems little evidence to support a view of selection specifically for ethanol detection or its utilization over the course of hominoid evolution.
- Fruit-eating also characterized a number of now extinct hominoid lineages.
- Right from the very first poster, visitors are thrown back millions of years to Africa, the only continent to yield a relatively continuous record of hominoid evolution.
early 20th century: from Latin homo, homin- 'human being' + -oid.
Más definiciones de hominoidDefinición de hominoid en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.