- The Portuguese Society of Plant Physiology, in collaboration with the Spanish homologous society, is organizing the 9th Luso-Spanish Plant Physiology Congress and the 16th Meeting of the Spanish Society of Plant Physiology.
- In certain primal traditions, the maze or labyrinth played a homologous role to that of the sacred wilderness area - in fact, the two may have been indistinguishable.
- The effort, in part, is to determine whether academic institutions are homologous with organizations in other fields.
- Structures normally found at the nonmutant leaf edge are absent from the affected region of the mutant leaf and leaf homologous organs.
- Adaptationist arguments are essential because they suggest the function of homologous and analogous physiological structures.
- The swim bladder is homologous to the lungs of tetrapods.
- Pairing is an essential step in organizing and properly distributing homologous chromosomes during meiosis.
- During prophase I of meiosis, homologous chromosomes align, synapse, and cross over.
- Crossing over ensures segregation of homologous chromosomes in meiosis I.
- Because of these regularities, the members of each group are known as a homologous series.
- Chemically they are classed as alcohols, which are representative of a homologous series.
- Moreover, the level of amino acid sequence divergence between homologous proteins is relatively low, allowing us to gauge the patterns of amino acid substitution.
Mid 17th century: via medieval Latin from Greek homologos 'agreeing, consistent', from homos 'same' + logos 'ratio, proportion'.
Palabras que riman con homologoustautologous
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: hom¦olo|gous
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.