1A group of true bugs comprising those in which the forewings are uniform in texture. Plant bugs such as aphids, whitefly, scale insects, and cicadas belong to this group. Compare with Heteroptera.
- Suborder Homoptera, order Hemiptera
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Diets of little brown myotis and eastern pipistrelles were highly diverse, consuming an even proportion of six orders of insects including Coleoptera, Hemiptera, Lepidoptera, Homoptera, Diptera, Hymenoptera, and Tricoptera.
- This is common in many insect groups, most notably the Hemiptera / Homoptera (waterstriders, planthoppers and aphids), Coleoptera and, Orthoptera (crickets and grasshoppers).
- This has since been found to be a Wolbachia-induced trait in a wide diversity of arthropod orders, including Acarina, Coleoptera, Homoptera, Hymenoptera, Isoptera, Lepidoptera, and Orthoptera.
1.1 (homoptera) Bugs of the Homoptera group: many ants tend sap-sucking homoptera
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Around the outside lights I'm still seeing antlions and owlflies along with an assortment of small carabid beetles, tiny homoptera, crickets, grasshoppers and occasionally a large dragonfly spends the night.
Definición de Homoptera en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda