Definición de honewort en inglés:
A wild plant of the parsley family.
- Two species in the family Umbelliferae: Cryptotaenia canadensis, a native of North America and eastern Asia which is cultivated for food in Japan, and Trinia glauca, a small European plant
- Native Americans gathered the botanically related wild honewort, a woodland perennial native that grows from Manitoba to New Brunswick and south to Georgia.
- Hydroponics is now well established in Japan, particularly for vegetables such as cucumbers, melons, tomatoes, lettuce, honeworts, strawberries, radish sprouts, leeks and green Welsh onions.
- The vegetables to be kept fresh by means of the present invention are not particularly limited, and thus may include radish sprouts, chives, honewort and shallots.
mid 17th century: from obsolete hone 'swelling' (for which the plant was believed to be a remedy) + wort.
Definición de honewort en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India