A Mediterranean plant of the borage family, with greyish-green leaves and tubular yellow or purple flowers that are a favoured source of nectar for bees.
- Genus Cerinthe, family Boraginaceae: several species, in particular the yellow-flowered C. major
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It's a mix of corn cockle, godetia, honeywort, and California poppies that came up on its own several years ago and has been self-sowing for repeat performances ever since.
- Although it is sometimes called the blue wax flower or blue honeywort, we ask for it using the horticultural Latin to avoid confusion.
- Cerinthe major, or honeywort, has been around for many years - it was introduced to this country from Switzerland as long ago as 1596.
Definición de honeywort en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.