Definición de hoopla en inglés:
1British A game in which rings are thrown from behind a line in an attempt to encircle one of several prizes.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The event, on July 3 from 11 am - 4.30 pm, is to be an old-fashioned fair, with coconut shies and hooplas rather than more modern games.
- There were lots of stalls and games, including darts, skittles and a hoopla.
- The crowds were entertained by an array of stalls and games, including the traditional hoopla and lucky dip.
2 [mass noun] informal , chiefly North American Unnecessary fuss surrounding something: I really didn’t know what the hoopla was all about
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- When I finally saw the film, after over a year of hoopla surrounding it, its director, and the director's father, I found it to be a wholly unremarkable film.
- All this hoopla surrounding one ugly little creature is a clear case of much ado about the wrong thing.
- The hype and hoopla surrounding the film did not really wind up with its release, it only increased curiosity about ‘Baba’.
Definición de hoopla en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda