Definición de hoopla en inglés:
1British A game in which rings are thrown from behind a line in an attempt to encircle one of several prizes.
- The event, on July 3 from 11 am - 4.30 pm, is to be an old-fashioned fair, with coconut shies and hooplas rather than more modern games.
- There were lots of stalls and games, including darts, skittles and a hoopla.
- The crowds were entertained by an array of stalls and games, including the traditional hoopla and lucky dip.
2 [mass noun] informal , chiefly North American Unnecessary fuss surrounding something: I really didn’t know what the hoopla was all about
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- When I finally saw the film, after over a year of hoopla surrounding it, its director, and the director's father, I found it to be a wholly unremarkable film.
- All this hoopla surrounding one ugly little creature is a clear case of much ado about the wrong thing.
- The hype and hoopla surrounding the film did not really wind up with its release, it only increased curiosity about ‘Baba’.
Definición de hoopla en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan