1 old-fashioned term for triple jump.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Such as synchronised diving, a sport so strictly, brazenly state of the art that it makes the hop, skip and jump look useful.
- To make matters worse, the man tipped to replace him as the planet's leading exponent of the hop, skip and jump will not be in action today on account of his nationality.
- He has been a constant gold winner in the shot, long jump, hop step and jump, and discus.
2 informal A short distance: it’s just a hop, skip, and jump from my home town
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Mentioning the Writers' Collective events remind me that it will just be a hop, skip and jump until festival time.
- From there she compiled a book of horoscopes for women, and it was only a hop, skip and jump to convince her publishers to let her write nincompoopish novels aimed at women.
- Iqaluit may be a hop, skip and a jump away from a healthier lifestyle after city council agreed to support the newly created Iqaluit Fitness Society in its search for funding.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda