A North American shrub or small tree with bitter fruit that was formerly used in brewing as a substitute for hops.
- Ptelea trifoliata, family Rutaceae
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- We passed hop trees and Indian plums on the first pathway before it twisted downward into a valley.
- The name hop tree originates from the use of the fruits as a substitute for hops in brewing.
- I've had a few Giant Swallowtails laying eggs on my hop trees in the butterfly garden.
Definición de hop tree en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.