Definición de horde en inglés:
- Few men ever enter the hallowed portals of the bridal shop and the dress, once bought, is jealously guarded from male sight by a horde of female relatives.
- There's even a marvelous impression of an infatuated audience given by a horde of panting extras.
- He got savaged, for the umpteenth time, by a horde of ravening Republicans.
- Residents need not fear an invading horde of Iceni warriors, for it is the 16 ft tall statue of Colchester's first lady that is making a comeback.
- A barrier of shimmering light appeared, stretching from wall to wall and ceiling to floor just as the horde of evil warriors ran straight into it, letting out cries of rage at a magic they could not get though.
- The feudal ownership of land did bring dignity, whereas the modern ownership of movables is reducing us again to a nomadic horde.
- That primitive society took the form of a horde, the leader of which horde, the horde-father, actuated by his sexual jealousy, habitually treated his sons with extreme brutality.
- After the slaying and cannibalising of the primal father, if the horde was to survive, there had to be a prohibition against murder and another against incest.
- And without the ties of kinship, we would be nothing more than a disconnected horde.
A horde was originally a tribe or troop of nomads, such as the Tartars led by Genghis Khan, who migrated from place to place in search of new pasture or plunder. The word comes from Polish horda, which is itself from Turkish ordu ‘royal camp’, from which the language name Urdu (late 18th century) also derives. The word is often confused with hoard (Old English) a Germanic word for ‘a secret stock or store’.
Palabras que riman con hordeaboard, abroad, accord, afford, applaud, award, bawd, board, broad, chord, Claude, cord, ford, fraud, gaud, Gawd, hoard, laud, lord, maraud, milord, sward, sword, toward, unawed, unexplored, unrestored, ward
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.