(also great horned owl)
- A large owl found throughout North and South America, with horn-like ear tufts.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Bubo virginianus, family Strigidae
- Great horned owls are the largest owls in North America, with females obtaining a wingspan of five feet and weighing up to five pounds.
- He also discovered that some important protected species like the horned owl were hunted for black magic rituals and sorcery, such as the practice of certain tribes that use the owls to purify ‘amulets’ during their street performances.
- An anthropologist recently pleaded that we should treat the threatened death of a primitive language with as much concern and sympathy as we show snail darters and horned owls and other near-extinct species of animal life.
Más definiciones de horned owlDefinición de horned owl en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.