(also great horned owl)
Definición de horned owl en inglés:
A large owl found throughout North and South America, with horn-like ear tufts.
- Bubo virginianus, family Strigidae
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Great horned owls are the largest owls in North America, with females obtaining a wingspan of five feet and weighing up to five pounds.
- He also discovered that some important protected species like the horned owl were hunted for black magic rituals and sorcery, such as the practice of certain tribes that use the owls to purify ‘amulets’ during their street performances.
- An anthropologist recently pleaded that we should treat the threatened death of a primitive language with as much concern and sympathy as we show snail darters and horned owls and other near-extinct species of animal life.
Definición de horned owl en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda